Alienware M11x R3 is 11.6-inch laptop. The design of the Alienware M11x R3 will remain the same as the previous version of R2, with sharp edges, metal finish (which does not retain fingerprints) and glossy screen.
Dell Alienware M11X R3 will provide more Sandy Bridge processors as the Intel Core i5-2537M (1.4GHz to 2.3GHz), Core i7-2617M (1.5GHz to 2.6GHz) and Core i7-2657M ( 1.6GHz to 2.7GHz), along with different amounts of memory equal to 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB 1333MHz DDR3. The data storage may instead rely on traditional hard disk SATA 2, 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 640GB, 750GB, with a rotation speed of 7200rpm or alternatively an SSD SATA 2 (Samsung P810) with a capacity of 256GB.
Currently we do not know if the update of the CPU is also accompanied by refreshing the graphics component. The 11.6-inch screen, however, will have a resolution of 1366×768 pixels, with a glossy TrueLife technology (glossy) and White-LED backlight. Available in colors of red and black, Dell Alienware M11x R3 optionally have a WWAN modem and 3G LTE / 4G WiMAX (the latter not yet available in Europe).
The Dell Alienware M11X R3 will be sold with a battery 63Whr 8-cell and 90W power supply. Its availability is expected in early April, but at present we have no information on prices in Europe and USA.
Dell Alienware M11x R3 Specs
• Processor: Intel Core i5-2537M (1.4GHz to 2.3GHz), Core i7-2617M (1.5GHz to 2.6GHz) and Core i7-2657M (1.6GHz to 2.7GHz)
• Memory: 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB from 1333MHz DDR3
• Hard disk: 250GB, 320GB, 500GB, 640GB, 750GB, SATA 2, 7200rpm or 256GB SSD
• Display: 11.6 inch, 1366×768 pixels, TrueLife glossy (shiny) White-LED backlight
• Networking: WWAN 3G LTE / WiMAX 4G
• Battery: 63WHr 8-cell and
• AC Adapter / Charger: 90W
• Colors: Red, Black, Soft Touch